Saturday, June 30, 2012

Heather takes a little run in the woods

So today I was in the woods with my friends.....having imaginary snowball fights while erupting into laughter born of a LOT of miles, a *little* summer heat going to our heads and the OH-MY-GOD-constant-buzz buzz buzz buzz (you get the idea) of the bugs. They swirl around me like I am King Kong on the Empire State Building and they are those annoying little planes...brrrrrr   brrrrrr. I think I might have looked like him too as I swirled my arms insanely and yelled at the bugs *I don't know if they even they speak English!*
But HEY former roly poly heather just did.....20 MILES. A couple of years ago I was NEVER seeing that happening..............ever. I thought wow if I get to where I can ride a bike to do my errands and walk more than I take the bus that will be great! now. WOW! and I couldn't do any of this without my great friends who encourage me, inform me, teach me how to do this since I am all new at it and just generally making me feel part of a big kinda family who I now feel I know better as time goes on.
  So here I am, who used to be as I put it..HUGEOPOLIS (a city unto myself) into an honest to God athlete! Athlete! Did i ever see myself as an athlete?? As a personal trainer sharing what I have found out with others and watching them get so happy as they meet goals: sharing my story and listening well to theirs.

and when it's all said and done....it's just fun to take a run in the woods among the sweet smelling pines, listening to frogs, deer, chipmunks, finding little treasures and laughing more than I ever thought I would while running this far.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Heather, I'm just so proud of you! What an awesome transformation! And you are a speedy runner. I thought when I met you that you were just one of those naturally gifted runners, learning about where you started makes it all the more amazing. Had a great time with you today, can't wait for the next one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christy. I am proud of you too...Erin and us rocked it out today.

    ReplyDelete